CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Smile Butterflies Layout

Today I have a BEAUTIFUL layout to share. I seen this idea in a scrapbook magazine and new I had to make one for myself. 

My butterflies are cute at 1.5" from Cricut Art Philosophy. There are two butterflies on the cartridge, this one is #35. The brown background paper under the butterflies was embossed with a wood grain folder and inked for texture and dimension. Some of the butterflies I colored with Faber-Castell pencils and then went over them with a water brush. After doing so, they get a water color effect--LOVE it. I will be found these in one of my shelves...I forgot I ever even bought them. Boy, the treasures I find around here sometimes. LOL. I used a Close To My Heart stamp called Take A Picture #C1440 and embossed it with white embossing powder. The green scallop border was welded and created on my Gypsy. The pretty teal and white polka dot paper is from the Dotty For You CTMH paper pack.










I water brushed the butterflies lightly. I didn't want to wash them out too much. 





If you like the Close To My Heart stamp you seen

You can purchase it here


I will enter this layout into these challenges:
1. Dutch Dare Card Challenge - flutterfly butterly
2. Come and Get It Challenges - Cute As A Bug

4 comments:

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Very nice layout, the butterflies are great. Thanks for playing with us at Come and Get It this week.
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful layout. I love the texture, the colours and the butterflies. Thank you for taking the time to share your talent with us at Come and Get It Challenge Blog.

Judy McKay said...

I love the details especially the textures and the layout.

Thank you for joining us at Come and Get it Challenges this week.

Meighan Wheller said...

Wonderful Layout love how you have decorated the butterflies. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Come and Get It. Regards Meighan